Saturday, July 26, 2008

July 26 In Virginia



Had a SUPER time whitewater rafting with Patrick and Susan, went hiking & saw some beautiful waterfalls. Thank you for helping with the fuel to Leon Chapman from Hendersonville, NC.
I left on Friday and went towards Jim Kirk's place in NC. He was nice enough to leave me some fuel out by the tree so I can then make it to Clarksville, Virginia. There I landed on John Kerr Reservoir. I met a wonderful family that took me in and parked the plane right infront of the house. - The owner of the house on the water, Betty, said "I can stay at the guest house if you give me a plane ride". She's 75 yrs. young and especially enjoyed the ride over the dam. Of course, you know the rest ......they were Great we cooked out on the boat and I stayed an extra day giving rides and stuff. Thanks so much for the wonderful hospitality to Bill, Ren & Betty!
Sunday leaving for Cambridge, Maryland - I will add some pics later.

No comments: