Sunday, July 27, 2008

July 27 In Cambridge, Maryland

Flying up from Virgina was it was very hazy lots of moisture in the air but smooth. my fuel transfer spot was McLaughlin SPB in Chester VA. this proved to be not in operation which was okay because i had extra fuel .Thunderstorms approaching Washington National Airport and heading towards my destination i had to keep the pace up, I landed in Maryland on the Chesapeake Bay (Choptank River?). Waves just a pounding and the tidal change unknown, i knew it would a long nite. Staying in a hotel about a mile away hoping the plane will still be there in the morning. Kim and Ruth at the house next door helped to get fuel from the airport. Noticed an exhaust leak a few days ago- I talked with my mechanic about it and check a few things - Good to go just need to keep an I on it.

Heading to Philly tomorrow then NYC! I'm hoping to make New Hampshire by Wednesday.

1 comment:

Carol S. said...

Steve: I will be leaving for Williamsburg on Thursday and returning late Sunday afternoon. Tony will be here so just call my number when you arrive and he will pick you up and hand over the truck. Debbie loves to hike so maybe you could climb Mt Major or Mt Belknap with her. Zip-lining in Lincoln is an option as well. Of course, if it is hot, you can relax on the beach and swim. Hopefully, you will arrive before I leave and we can spend a little time together. Otherwise, if you go to Maine and return through central NH, I'll look forward to seeing you the following week.
Carol