Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Making The Turn For Home

After a max distance of 2098 miles from Sebastian Florida, this morning I caught the train out of Schefferville. Heading towards home, the train actually left 15 min early. I almost missed it. This 14 hour train ride goes by fast. Talking with some nice people, 1) an geologist about his mining exploration adventures in Labrador. 2) a real estate appraiser that was hunting this week and just got out of a seaplane before it crashed (this is a storey in itself for later). I have a meeting this Friday in Montreal with CycloVac, one of the central vacuum manufactures that we deal with. I will be touring the plant and seeing some of the new products. This was one of the main reasons I took this trip into Canada, I knew this would be a good time to visit. I should arrive back at Tim Pond by this Friday evening. Here my plane waits for my return. Bill should have my exhaust gaskets ready for install. Tim Pond is an awesome place I hope to return there with some friends next year. From here it’s off to Greenville Maine for the splash-in (Sept 4th- 7th). Later this week I will start planning my trip home…Although my route will be somewhat different, I hope to stop in and see some of the nice folks that helped me along the way up. If it were not for them I would have never made it here. I would love to hear from you with any comments or suggestions at seaplanephoto@yahoo.com .
....As I sit here on train a little disappointed that I never made it to Umiakovik to go fishing, I still had a great time. I learned a lot about the local Indian people, hunting, fishing, commercial seaplane operations, weight & bal, and flying in crappy weather OMG I could go on forever, but I don’t want to freak my mom out. She worries about me eating expired catsup out of my refrigerator and stuff like that.

3 comments:

Carol S. said...

Hi Steve: Have fun in Montreal. Are we on your short list for visits on the way south? If not, have a safe trip back. If so, your room is waiting (as well as the GPS battery).
Love, Carol and Tony

Unknown said...

Steve
I am planning on headin up to Maine on Thursday...left a messaage on your cell. Ill send an email....Patrick

Gramps said...

Hi Steve,
Wally sent me info on your adventures and I think it is great. Being a New Englander I am sure you enjoyed the beautiful scenery from the air, Florida flying is boring by comparison.

Foliage time in New England is spectacular.

Enjoy your travels and the plane looks great.

Bob Freeland