Thursday, October 2, 2008

New Hampshire


Well the past few days its been low clouds and rain. I flew back into Lake Winnipesaukee and have enjoyed the comforts of Carol's place in Laconia. I hope to maybe play some golf and go hiking again before i leave. I have met some neat people that live here that have been following the blog. I gave a ride to Kevin yesterday after the clouds broke and man was it beautiful. I wish i had my camera but that time i didn't. The weather is clearing up and getting COLD. I am excited my next stops from here are in Vermont, Lake Champlain /New York, Adirondack Mtns. I hope the weather cooperates. From there my flight plan still has some big holes in it. I want to head southwest from there and fly down the west side of the ridge to Kentucky, but the fuel stops thru here are really tough to plan. a lot of the lakes in OH, PA, are closed to seaplane traffic. I am still working on it, but this leg has been a pain.

6 comments:

Boat Driver said...

Steve, if you happen to fly south along lake chaplain you need to take in lake George in NY. It has the nicest lake houses on the east coast of the USA. some of the boat houses look like they are a million dollar plus. Lots of neat stone work. The lake is very clear. I have seen it where you could see the bottom at 80 feet or so.Several nice restaurants on the lake to. The Sagamore is a very nice and famous resort that you can't miss flying over. Its a huge place on the lake. Anyway , just thoughts, I am off to Betty's. Good luck.
Thomas

Boat Driver said...

Steve, look at this web site.


http://www.thesagamore.com/resort/index.php

thomas

Steve- said...

I will be flying thru Lake George this am. i will take a pic for you. my plane would look good tied up to their big dock.... dont think i could afford to stay there tho.

Carol S. said...

Steve: Inspired by you, I have set up a blog. The name is NH Paradise. Take a look. I'll be talking to you when you get back to FL to iron out some of the wrinkles!!
Carol

Carol S. said...

Steve: The site is www.nhparadise.blogger.com
Carol

Anonymous said...

Hi Steve!

We met at Moosehead. I just wanted to get in touch with you to see how everything is going and it seems to be going good from what I can see. Your journey is still on, good for you!! Lake George is a lot of fun.

Well keep in touch!